If you are a long-distance patient or prefer to meet remotely, telehealth allows a clinician contact, care, advice, reminders, education, intervention, monitoring, and remote admissions.
Teletherapy is any remote therapy that uses technology to help the therapist and client communicate. Some examples of teletherapy include:
doing therapy sessions over the phone
having a group chat for group therapy
using videoconferencing for individual, couples, or group therapy
receiving therapy via email or instant messenger
using apps that connect clients to therapists and offer therapy within the app
Joining Your Telehealth Session
All you need to engage in video sessions is an internet connection and a camera linked to your computer.
1. Log into your Patient Portal
2. Select "Check in." This will notify your provider.
3. When your provider starts your session, a pop up will appear on the upper right-hand side. Click the pop up to join the meeting.
4. A new tab will open, and you will see yourself on your screen. Your provider will not be able to see you at this time.
5. Click "Join Session" at the bottom of the screen to join.
Before Your Telehealth Session
1. We recommend using Google Chrome web browser, especially when using a cell phone, iPad or tablet. If you are using your computer, safari, chrome, and Firefox browsers will work just fine. Issues often pop up when using an internet explorer or Microsoft edge browser.
2. Please ensure that all paperwork is completed in full prior to your first appointment.
3. Please start the visit in a well lit, quiet location.
4. Please be sure to send us a photocopy of your license and the front and back of your insurance card. This can be sent via email to email@example.com or faxed to 732-561-1165.